I'M SO DISCOURAGED

I recently read that in the next year there still will not be any new drugs for those of us will resistant virus. What has happened to t-20, BMS-protease inhibitor. Is there anywhere I can find an accurate timeline for drugs to help those of us with resistant virus?

Response from Dr. Boyle

Both T-20 and atazanavir (the BMS protease inhibitor) are progressing in clinical trials and, if things go well, it is expected that they will be approved within a year or so. Tipranavir (a protease inhibitor being developed by BI and also with a favorable resistance profile), DPC 083 (a non-nucleoside being developed by BMS) and several other drugs are also moving through clinical trials. Between now and the end of the year, there should be more information about these and other drugs, and hopefully it will be favorable.

Once a day regimen
stopping the meds