Pill-taking technique?

This might sound like a stupid question, but what is the best way to take large pills like the big blue Viracept caplets? About once a week one of them goes down sideways, sticks in my throat, and up comes the pill plus my most recent meal. I have tried breaking them in half, but that doesn't seem to work any better. The rough edge sticks in my throat just like the whole pill. Is there any technique you can recommend to lessen this unpleasant occurence? The pills won't do me any good if I can't get them down, and vomiting is not exactly my favorite pastime. Thanks. BTW, why doesn't the company just make smaller pills?!?!?

Response from Dr. Gallant

You're not the only one with this problem. Many of my patients complain that Viracept was not designed with the human pharynx and esophagus in mind. Unfortunately, none of them has given me any tips on things that work for them. I'll post this and if anyone out there has any suggestions, I'll be happy to post them.

JG

Can Crixivan cause increased indirect bilirubin???
Viracept Dosing