Feb 19, 1998
I wanted to pass along some tips on swallowing Viracept that I've collected from people who take the drug.
1. Try coating the pills with a THIN layer of cream cheese or smooth peanut butter. Laborious but yummy!
2. Wash the pills down with a milkshake instead of water.
3. Take a bite of food immediately after the pills, a banana or something of that consistency.
4. Go nuts - dip your Viracept in melted chocolate or cheese fondue! Make a romantic meal out of it. (okay - I made that one up)
5. This one is mind over matter: A friend told me that if she doesn't concentrate too hard on swallowing the pills they're less likely to get stuck. She tries to be distracted by television or conversation at dosing times.
Hope this can help someone!
| Response from Dr. Gallant
Those sound like good ones, especially the melted chocolate idea. Indulge!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.