Crix/D4T/DDI/3TC/HU-Canada

I have a concern and was curious to see if I am the only one who mentioned this. I have used Crix for almost a year. At first I dismissed it but it is now concerning. Almost every bottle has a large amount of powder at the bottom of the Crix bottle.

Not to mention that too frequently I pop my Crix and several times I have caught an empty intact shell on my tongue. This has happened five times in the past year and I am worried about the shells I have missed and concluding that every bottle has considerable powder loss, it is logical to assume that many pills are leaking and worse some are empty. Do you know if they are improving the packaging or the pills? I am tackling all of the reasons not to become resistant extremely well and this worry is something that should not be happening? What do you think? The other pills I take in a similar formula are always solid, like D4T. I could use some reassurance on this irritant. and scare..

Response from Dr. Murphy

Dear Questioner,

The capsule problem with indinavir is worrisome. You should contact Merck, the manufacturer, and send them a bottle with the powder it it.

I haven't heard of this before. Maybe there was a bad batch. I am sure they would be interested and willing to replace whatever was wrong.

RM

Reply To Pill Taking Technique
Viracept and swallowing...