Reply To Pill Taking Technique

This is to the person that has a problem taking their Viracept. I also had a problem in the begining, but I found an easier way to take them. Break the pills in half, put them in your mouth, followed by a large drink of water, tilt your head to where you're looking down, and swallow. Since the pills float, this puts them to the back of the throat, and will give a little more force, but it needs to be done quickly as Viracept dissolves quickly. You could also try this with milk, as milk is thicker than water, and will help drag the pills down. This can be done very fast, and actually takes no more effort than the "normal" way. Hope this helps.

Response from Dr. Murphy

Dear Creative,

Thanks for the advice. You can also put them into an empty gelatin capsule. This helped one patient of mine.

Cortisol, Cushing's, and PIs: a correction