Jan 27, 2002
Dr.Boyle: would your recommend HIV meds for an individual infected less than a year regardless of viral lord and CD4 counts. Thanks for consideration of my question.
Response from Dr. Boyle
I would recommend therapy if the person was caught early in their infection, since this may help to preserve HIV-specific immune function and provide other potential benefits, but if the person had been infected more than 6 months or so, I would not recommend that they start therapy immediately unless their T cells indicated a need.
- White Bumps On Penis Worried It Could Be AIDS
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Get Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.