Norvir Needs to be Kept in Refrigerator ??
May 4, 1998
I recently started taking Norvir/Retonavir and was told it must be kept refrigerated? I am planning on vacation soon and was wondering why this needs to be done?
Please let me know.Concerned in Maryland.
Response from Dr. Murphy
Dear Concerned in Maryland,
Ritonavir breaks down at room temperature and becomes inactive. This is obviously not good. Many patients travel around using a cool pack of some sort. It is doable, albeit cumbersome.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How To Stop Vaginal Bleeding?
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
- What Causes Vaginal Dryness In Young Women?
- Can Mono Affect HIV Test At 6 Months?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.