|Norvir Needs to be Kept in Refrigerator ??
May 4, 1998
I recently started taking Norvir/Retonavir and was told it must be kept refrigerated? I am planning on vacation soon and was wondering why this needs to be done?
Please let me know.Concerned in Maryland.
| Response from Dr. Murphy
Dear Concerned in Maryland,
Ritonavir breaks down at room temperature and becomes inactive. This is obviously not good. Many patients travel around using a cool pack of some sort. It is doable, albeit cumbersome.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cause Of Vaginal Strep Infection
- How Long Do Doxycycline Take To Cure Chlamydia?
- 9 Month Negative HIV Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.