Gel capsules????

I have noticed a couple of commets about using gel caps with the liquid norvir. pardon my ignorance, but can we just go out, but some empty gel caps, fill them with the correct dose of liquid, and swallow?

It sounds like it would solve a lot of problems. thanks.

Response from Dr. Cohen

Yes you can. Empty gel caps are often sold whereever herb and vitamin supplements are sold.

The problem is that we cannot be 100% sure that home made caps will dissolve in the stomach. They should of course -s ince some of these meds are in gel caps already. But I have heard just one anecdote that someone who did make their own caps who had an increase in the viral load... so if you do this approach - don't just assume - get a viral load done in the first 2-4 weeks to be sure it is working for you. And Make Sure you know the measurements of how much liquid is needed to take your dose - it is not just filling four caps if you were on four capsules - since there can be differences in gel caps size!

Good luck. CC

Gel Capsule Response
Aha! A (possible)solution to liquid Norvir's bad taste!!