Norvir Bad Taste

This is not a question but here are two ideas to help get the stuff past your taste buds.

1. Set up two glasses of chocolate milk. One small one and a larger one. Put the Norvir in the small one. Hold your nose drink it and then chase it with the larger one.

2. Put the stuff in a small glass of grape juice. Again hold your nose while you drink it.

These two things were the only ways I've been able to get it down. I hope this helps

Frank

Response from Dr. Cohen

Thanks Frank.

I have heard mixed reviews from chocolate milk however - most have reported success just using chocolate syrup, or Nutella which is a chocolate/hazelnut spread - and using it to coat the tongue. the grape juice is a first however, and glad to pass it on.

And as far as using 'home made' gel capsules - I have recently heard that that there might be some absorption problems with at least some brand of gel caps -- some work going on at Yale University is exploring this issue. So if you do use gel capsules (putting the norvir into them) - be sure to check your viral load a few weeks later, and perhaps again a few weeks later - just to be sure you are getting the needed medication dose.

thanks for the news. CC

appetite back/feeling better since stopping fortovase
stopped protease inhibitors