|Norvir Bad Taste
Jan 19, 1999
This is not a question but here are two ideas to help get the stuff past your taste buds.
1. Set up two glasses of chocolate milk. One small one and a larger one. Put the Norvir in the small one. Hold your nose drink it and then chase it with the larger one.
2. Put the stuff in a small glass of grape juice. Again hold your nose while you drink it.
These two things were the only ways I've been able to get it down. I hope this helps
| Response from Dr. Cohen
I have heard mixed reviews from chocolate milk however - most have reported success just using chocolate syrup, or Nutella which is a chocolate/hazelnut spread - and using it to coat the tongue. the grape juice is a first however, and glad to pass it on.
And as far as using 'home made' gel capsules - I have recently heard that that there might be some absorption problems with at least some brand of gel caps -- some work going on at Yale University is exploring this issue. So if you do use gel capsules (putting the norvir into them) - be sure to check your viral load a few weeks later, and perhaps again a few weeks later - just to be sure you are getting the needed medication dose.
thanks for the news. CC
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Risk After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke
- HIV Transmission Mutual Masturbation
- Sex With Hooker Negative Elisa At 16 Weeks
- Sex With Sex Worker Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Should I Get Tested After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Licking Genital?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.