ART VS HAART
Jan 12, 2009
What is the difference between ART vs HAART therapies in a practical sense?
all i can find is a difference in terms where HAART is highly active therapy....what does this really mean?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
These two terms are essentially equivalent. HAART is Highly Active AntiRetroviral Therapy, ART is AntiRetroviral Therapy.
The historical background to the use of HAART is that earlier 1, 2 and sometimes 3 drug therapy was not very active or potent. Now all approved uses of ART (except for some settings of post-exposure prophylaxis) is HAART.
I hope this is helpful, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Hepatitis C From A Bite Wound?
- Can I Take Amoxicillin For Vaginal Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.