H1N1 Vaccination or not
Jul 30, 2009
I have been following the news but haven't seen anything as to whether healthy, but positive folks should get the vaccine. Or should we just follow the recommendations by age group for the general population?
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for your post.
Yes, positives should are recommended to receive the H1N1 influenza vaccination-- since we operate on the assumption that having HIV compromises the immune system.
Should it not be forgotten, the same recommendation applies for vaccination for the regular seasonal flu.
Hope this helps.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Body Fluids That Carry Hiv
- Can The Herpes Virus Turn Into Hiv?
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- Is There Anyone Who Use Herbs To Treat Hiv?
- Reversing Neuropathy In Feet
- Physical Therapy Exercises For Peripheral Neuropathy
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.