|meds to built muscle mass
Nov 29, 2001
My questions is, are there any over the counter meds or any meds that can be prescribed to increase muscle mass?
Response from Dr. Fisher
Yes. Prescription drugs include the anabolic steroids (oxandolone, oxymetholone, nandrolone), testosterone (several preparations available) and human growth hormone. These have been reviewed here on many occasions. All have shown efficacy in restoring muscle mass in HIV + 's especially when coupled with an exercise program. There have been a lot of claims made for OTC meds in this area but few clinical studies. You should talk to your doctor or a nutritionist who works with people with HIV. AF
Safety of Tenofovir
Had facial implants
- Groin Pain After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Does Antihistamine Help Atrophic Vaginitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.