Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

NEW FILL IN MEXICO
Nov 29, 2001

I don't have a question but would like to let anyone interested know about my New Fill treatments in Tijuana, Mexico. Yesterday I completed my second of four sessions. Dr Jorge Tagle and Dr Pedro Cervantes head the Baja Facial Implants Clinic in Tijuana. Both have extensive experience with New Fill having trained with physicians from France and they were the physicians to perform trial studies in Mexico. The first and last session is always with Dr. Tagle. All "middle" sessions are performed with Dr. Cervantes. I have now had the procedure performed by both doctors and each experience has been wonderful! The initial session is performed at Dr. Tagle's office where he first meets with you and explains the history of New Fill, how it works, and answers any questions you may have. A local anesthetic similiar to what your dentist uses is administered...I believe novacaine. I felt absolutely no pain. The procedure took about 40 minutes. Everyone at the clinic was extremely nice and the clinic itself appeared sterile. I flew to San Diego in the early morning and was back home by early evening. Something to keep in mind is coming back to the U.S. Post September 11 has created much stricter security at the U.S. border causing long lines of people trying to get back. Allow at least two hours to cross over. Going into Mexico is no problem...no wait..just walk right through. My second session was yesterday with Dr. Cervantes. What a great guy! Was very thorough and has a wonderful bed-side manner! This procedure was performed at the Baja Facial Implants Clinic. Nice place! Dr. Cervantes stricly performs facial cosmetic surgery where Dr. Tagle does all the major plastic surgery as well as facial. Dr Cervantes was even so nice to give me a ride back to the border! If anyone has concerns about having this done in Mexico...don't! Very professional, both doctors and their staff are fluent in English and the price is right. 550.00 for initial visit and 500 for each additional visit. The price includes two vials of New Fill. Tijuana is about 15 minutes from San Diego and the clinic is a 7.00 cab fare. With the FDA ban on New Fill, Tijuana is the closest place to have the procedure performed. Will keep you posted of my future treatments. My wasting was considered low to moderate and only four sessions are anticipated. I have seen postings on this site that the initial New Fill injections are pretty much totally absorbed and any improvement goes away. I did see an improvement in my face that stayed. The second session has left an very drastic change. My chubby cheeks are back! Now, I can't wait for the third! 18 more days!!!

Response from Dr. Fisher

Thanks for your imput. Keep us posted. AF

Previous
why do i have to be on the d meds
Next
New-fill availablity?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.