News Alert! FDA pulls the plug on New-Fill

I have had three treatments with New-fill, and I am generally pleased with the results, although I need 2 or 3 more treatments. However, I have learned that the FDA has stopped DAAIR from importing New-fill and distributing it to HIV positive individuals. It seems that the FDA thinks New-fill is a "device" and not a "drug", and that DAAIR should not be importing it. I ahve spoken to the folks at the FDA and they say I can obtain it if my MD submits a rather lengthy request including a letter from an independent IRB saying that the product is safe. This seems like a bit too much to ask of a physician, or anyone else for that matter. I have contacted the folks at the Human Rights Campaign who lobby the FDA to assist us with this issue. Any ideas you could contribute would be appreciated. It isn't too convenient for me to go to Tiajuana or Paris right now, but maybe I could use the vacation. All joking aside, do you have any thoughts onhow we can get this back on track? Thanks

Response from Dr. Fisher

I don't have all the facts yet. When more info is available I will post it here. Stay in touch with DAAIR. AF

False negatives???
An Additional Follow-Up to My First New-Fill Treatment...