Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

News Alert! FDA pulls the plug on New-Fill
Nov 11, 2001

I have had three treatments with New-fill, and I am generally pleased with the results, although I need 2 or 3 more treatments. However, I have learned that the FDA has stopped DAAIR from importing New-fill and distributing it to HIV positive individuals. It seems that the FDA thinks New-fill is a "device" and not a "drug", and that DAAIR should not be importing it. I ahve spoken to the folks at the FDA and they say I can obtain it if my MD submits a rather lengthy request including a letter from an independent IRB saying that the product is safe. This seems like a bit too much to ask of a physician, or anyone else for that matter. I have contacted the folks at the Human Rights Campaign who lobby the FDA to assist us with this issue. Any ideas you could contribute would be appreciated. It isn't too convenient for me to go to Tiajuana or Paris right now, but maybe I could use the vacation. All joking aside, do you have any thoughts onhow we can get this back on track? Thanks

Response from Dr. Fisher

I don't have all the facts yet. When more info is available I will post it here. Stay in touch with DAAIR. AF

Previous
False negatives???
Next
An Additional Follow-Up to My First New-Fill Treatment...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.