Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Feedback on my first New-Fill Treatment
Nov 4, 2001

On Monday, October 29th, I traveled to New York to have my initial New-Fill treatment performed by Dr. Frechette.

First of all, let me tell you that I found Dr. Frechette and his associates to be top notch and very personable. They made me feel very comfortable and explained everything step by step.

The procedure itself took about a half-hour with multiple injections into each side of my face. The injections themselves were extremely painful, and at one point I almost passed out. But as soon as the treatment is completed, the pain is gone. You then receive a very relaxing facial massage and you're on your way. I had no redness or pain the rest of that day or the next. My face looks a little fuller, but I know this will gradually reduce as the water is absorbed. My next appointment is in two weeks. Dr. Frechette estimated I would require about 5-6 treatments which is what I also expected based on what I've read.

Dr. Frechette stated to me during the treatment that after doing about a hundred of these treatments, I was the first patient who didn't compain, or whince about the pain. I told him nothing can compare to the emotional pain I've endured for years due to the progression of the wasting.

I am looking forward to finishing out the treatments, and will keep you and the forum posted on my progress.

P.S. The Atavan helped, considerably.

Response from Dr. Fisher

Thanks for the report. I will post further reports from you. AF

Previous
Important breast growth!
Next
Marinol vs. Megace

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.