|HMB supplement. Is it safe
Aug 8, 2000
I am 40 yrs old, AIDS diagnosis. I Take Nelfinavir, 3TC and D4T, Septrim and acyclovir. I have recently learned of HMB as a product to help muscle growth with exercise. Is it safe to take as I cannot find much info about it?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
As far as I can tell from the literature there is little risk except if you have serious liver disease. I don't know of any HMB data alone, although it is part of Juven along with arginine and glutamine. It should not theoretically interact with any of your drugs, although I of course cannot guarantee it's safety. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.
NAC VS. GLUTATHIONE
- Do Blisters Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Jock Itch A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Flu Symptoms After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.