Dieting with HIV

I found out myself HIV + last december and I've always been too fat! it is so strange how much weight I got after knowing it... and I never get to go on a diet without anorexigenic drugs such as anfepramone.. plus diazepan. Should I go on a diet taking these drugs? or should I let it be this way because some day I'll start to loose weight anyway.... ps: my vl is 1.750 and my cd4 is 550. I am 1.76cm and weight 105, Please help!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It sounds like you need to exercise and reduce your calories as anyone else would. Your immune system is normal. It is not safe to use all those drugs to lose weight. Your life expectancy is more likely to be influenced by your weight, than by your HIV. See a nutritionist and plan an exercise program and get cleared by your MD and then go for it! DTD

Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Ephedrine and Clenbuterol
Study of Dr. Tough and more