Andarol-50 effects on liver - how common?

Due to some problems with facial wasting, my doctor prescribed anadrol-50 about 6 months ago. It has definitely helped. However, he -- and other people -- have warned me that anadrol-50 can cause liver problems. Can you tell me how likely it is that I will have to stop taking anadrol-50 at some point due to liver problems? Also, is there anything similar that I could take if I do have to stop taking anadrol-50? Thanks.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Anadrol 50,

It is not at all uncommon for oral anabolics like anadrol to cause liver toxicity. I do not have numbers to tell you, it is really an idiosyncratic reaction, but I have seen quite a bit of it, particularly with anadrol. Have your MD check your liver tests monthly and get sonograms of your liver yearly. Oxandrolone (Oxandrin) is an oral anabolic that has very little liver toxicity at less than 20 mg per day. That would be a good one to try. Good luck! DTD

Benefits of exercise
Collagen Injections for Face: Cost?