New-Fill: L.A. or NY

Doctor, Thank you so much for all the valuable information. My research of lipoatrophy and its remedies led me here and I was very happy to find you guys. My question is this: where should I have it done? I live in L.A. and there are 2 offices here that do it. (Although the receptionist at Dr. Ourian's office had never heard of it...which made me nervous)...Im going to be in New York and was, based on what I gleaned from your column, going to pay Dr. Frechette a visit. On the other hand, he is an hiv specialist, not a plastic surgeon or dermatologist as the doc.s who perform it in L.A. are. Does this make a difference? Have you heard anything about the experience of Dr.s Mest, Humble, or Ourian in L.A.? Or should I go somewhere else altogether?Final question: Have you heard ANY negative reactions whatsoever about the procedure itself...anybody who wishes they hadn't gone thru with it? (I have a friend who is a dermatologist in L.A. and he recommends silicon but I guess this isn't a very wise alternative?) After visiting your site I feel I definately want to do it (new-fill)so thank you...I hope.

--anxious in LA

Response from Dr. Fisher

I am not in a position to recommend specific doctors as there is no way I can evaluate their work. The number of doctors doing PLA (newfill) is quite limited. Referrals are available via the DAAIR website (see previous posts on this topic). And remember you will need at least 3-4 sessions to have a successful result (each session 2 weeks apart). AF AF

DECA DURABOLIN TREATMENT
had facial implants