Positive News on Wasting.

Dr. Fisher, Like everyone else I was horrified when I got "the look" in my face, arms and legs. I stopped going out in public. I was on a regimen of D4T, DDI and Crixivan. I switched to Ziagen, Amprenavir and DDI. I also take a vitamin B supplement. Co-Enzyme Q and 3300 mg of Carnitor every day. Also, stop doing anything that speeds up metabolism. It took almost a year, but I am 80 back to normal looking and no longer get funny looks from people that I know. I have a friend that had the same results. I do not know which thing that we did that helped though. There is hope. My

Response from Dr. Fisher

That's great! I also don't know what made the difference for you.Some people think that stopping d4T might help...but there is no definitive data. Some people think that stopping crix might help...but again no definitive data. Some people think that amprenavir is less likely to cause fat depletion in the first place...some data has emerged in support of this, but not definitive. I sure don't know whether vit B supplements, Co-enz Q or carnitor will help but they might. At any rate it is good to hear about your success. AF

New-fill
marjuana and the body