Surgical Weight Loss & HIV

Thank goodness I'm HIV & healthy (if you call BMI of 46 healthy!). I've tried everything to shed the pounds & am considering Bariatric surgical procedure (stomach stapling etc.). What do I need to know? Will it hurt me down the road?

My Tcells have been 300-500 for over 5 years, viral load 100-25K during the same period.

thanks,

Jon

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Jon, Sounds like you are doing well. The problems with bariatric surgery can be surgical of course and vomiting aftewards. It would not be terrible for your HIV to do the surgery. Good luck! DTD

I'm hungry!!
What helps to rebuild CD4 counts