Aug 22, 2001
Could lipoatrophy be a result of using illegal drugs (crack cocaine, herion and not HIV? or does anyone with facial wasting have to have HIV?
Response from Dr. Fisher
People using crack or heroin may experience weight loss, and the weight loss might look like facial fat wasting. But lipoatrophy related to HIV is definitely a different phenomenon as it is associated with other manifestations. But it would be a mistake to assume that anyone with wasting in their face had HIV. AF
HIV infection = allergies?
Can you HELP ME doctor?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Massage?
- Do Flu Symptoms Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Chills A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Balls After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.