30 OR MORE HIV TESTS..what next..

Dear Sir, thanks for helping me in advance. I know you stay very busy. I had like 30 ELISA including the RNA-DNA Ultras', P-24, HIV-2 Essay, standard blood exams, thyroid exam, and ALL the common STD's that are tested at city health Dept's, all throughout 9-17-98 to present 10-8-99 with all negative results. I am 100% accurate in this being the only possible exposure date. Since this date, I've had red pimples all over back, chest, etc..and serious fatigue, pains in my hips as if loss of weight in the joint areas, extremely abnormal dry skin all over body, lines & dots in my vision (floaters).. yellow/white tongue, extreme nervousness, and shortness of breath. My life is truly misery because I can't seem to find out what this problem or virus is! I’ve even been to the emergency room, etc.. with no resolution. I am a very professional & intelligent 26 white Hetero male that is living a true nightmare. Please advise if you have any ideas or suggestions Sir.. Thanks so much.. D.S.

Response from Dr. Fisher

Dear D.S. It certainly sounds like you do not have HIV. The only things that come to mind are, rarely HIV-2, if your exposure was to someone from certain parts of Africa. Or other diseases like hepatitis B and C could be possible. Alternatively, depression may be a part of what you are experiencing. See a good MD, infectious disease, family practice or interanl medicine. Good luck! Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

After being with an hiv+ person, still negative and lost 20 lbs
am i wasting from HIV?