Surgery for Lipomas

I have developed a series of lipomas in my arms and legs. I am on a protease-sparing regimine (combivir/sustiva). My doctor has indicated that I can have them surgically removed. Does this pose any threat in relation to my HIV status?

Thanks

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The threat lies mostly from infection and the trauma of surgery.It depends on how many there are and how much you are willing to tolerate. If it is only minor surgery then the risk is small. You and your physician need to weigh the risks and benefits. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Hydrating the body
Myopathy