|Testosterone Cream for Facial Lipodyst.
Apr 14, 1999
I'm HIV+ over ten years, but over the past year I've lost weight in my face. Someone told me they used testosterone cream (applied topically to the scrotum) and it really worked. I'd try this, but the last time I checked my testosterone levels were normal. Is this cream useful/effective only if the test. levels are low?
Response from Dr. Fisher
I have no idea. And I'm skeptical that topical testosterone will directly help the facial wasting you describe. Doesn't mean you can't try it. Alvan Fisher, M.D.
AIDS Wasting in the Facial Area
Tighten & Tone
- Is Itchy Skin An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Blood In Urine After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- What Kinds Of Infections Could Cause A Brown Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.