|Injections for facial gauntness?
Aug 10, 1999
Dear Docs: Thanks for your good work. One question in 2 parts. Do you know of persons who have received collagen (or maybe silicone) injections to help with facial gauntness? Did it help (for purely cosmetic purposes, obviously). If you don't know of anyone, can you see any harm in it (assuming undtectable VL, good CD4 counts, overall good health)? Thanks. Brian
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Generally, if the injections are done in a sterile manner and no infections result and no inflammation results, there probably would not be any harm done. Megace may help you fill out your face, but would lower your testosterone. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.
facial wasting use of collegen vs biopolymer
- Itchy Red Spots After Swallowing Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have
- Painful Ejaculation After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Used Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.