Lipodystrophy

Just thought I'd provide my experiance with lipodystrophy. I got very skinny legs, arms and butt, I even saw veins beginning to protrude in my bloated abdominal and upper body areas. I have been off of all anti-virals for about 5 months now and the only improvements have been a slight return of fat in the buttocks and less fat accumulation in the abdominal area. Arms and legs are still skinny as every. I'm glad that my face was never effected. I now intend to lose about 20 more pound (still more to lose from the abdominal area) then I will regain it, hopefully it will distribute thru out the body as it normally should. I'll keep you posted.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Thank you; it is always helpful to hear what the different experiences of people are. Many people experience only modest changes in the first months off of therapy, like you describe. Other people report dramatic changes in metabolism and body fat stores. I suspect that this is because the syndrome is in fact very complicated and not due to one thing in everyone.

Keep us posted.

Why check Testosterone?
Crix belly