Exercise on limited funds

I work in the computer industry and spending most of the day just sitting at a computer terminal. My VL is undetectable and CD4 counts at about 480... currently taking Combivir and Sustiva. I haven't been gaining or losing weight, but just walking a few blocks really takes the wind out of me.

I know I need to get some exercise... but what to do? I have very limited funds so I cannot join a gym nor is there a community center anywhere nearby that might be able to offer something cheap. So... what kind of exercise would be best? Walking? Jogging (yuck.. besides my knees won't take it), Pushups? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Response from Dr. Fisher

You don't need money to exercise! You just need motivation! BTG pharmaceuticals have resistance exercise kits (with TheraBands) which your MD can get for you. Memberships at YMCA's are quite inexpensive...exercise equipment is usually available. Some ASO's (AIDS service organizations) have programs to sponsor memberships for PWA's. Good luck and get off the couch. Alvan Fisher, M.D.

Is Exercise worth it?
Kind of Exercise