|Soy products and HIV
Jun 28, 1999
My sole source of protein is soy. I am a vegetarian who is HIV+. I read somewhere that soy milk is dangerous for HIV infected individuals. I drank a lot soy milk because of its high protein content and refreshing taste. I am now drinking rice milk which does not have adequate protein. I would like to return to drinking soy milk. Thanx, Samuel
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Dear Samuel, Soy protein is perfectly fine in my book. I don't know what the problem could be. Don't believe everything you read on the internet! Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.
Diet for pregnant woman with HIV
- What Are The Ways Can You Get Chlamydia?
- What Organs Are Affected By Syphilis?
- What Is The Meaning Chlamydia Igg Test Positive?
- What If You Have Sex One Week Before A Herpes Outbreak?
- What Does Being A Carrier Of Herpes Mean?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.