Soy products and HIV

My sole source of protein is soy. I am a vegetarian who is HIV+. I read somewhere that soy milk is dangerous for HIV infected individuals. I drank a lot soy milk because of its high protein content and refreshing taste. I am now drinking rice milk which does not have adequate protein. I would like to return to drinking soy milk. Thanx, Samuel

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Samuel, Soy protein is perfectly fine in my book. I don't know what the problem could be. Don't believe everything you read on the internet! Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Getting FAT!!!
Diet for pregnant woman with HIV