|soy as protein
Jul 29, 1999
You told someone that it was ok to have all of their protein from Soy because he/she is a vegetarian. Large amounts of soy contain/produce estrogens. Since people with hiv have lower testosterone and with protease inhibitors may have lipodystrophy which in my case produced a small amount of gynecomastia, wouldn't it be better to include other sources of protein in the diet?
Response from Dr. Fisher
Yes, I agree with you. But don't exclude soy entirely as it still is an excellent protein source. Alvan Fisher, M.D.
Diet for AIDS and multiple medical problems
I need energy and want to lose weight.
- Is Hairy Tongue A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Should I Get Tested
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.