How much Protein is too much?

I have always heard that persons with HIV/AIDS should increase their protein intake to help prevent wasting. But recently I have heard that too much protein can be detrimental and actually cause people to become more ill. Do you have any information on excessive amounts of protein and conditions caused by this? I appreciate any info you can give me.

Response from Dr. Fisher

I'm not sure you really need to worry about "excessive" levels of protein as long as your diet is relatively balanced. Speak to a dietician! Alvan Fisher, M.D.

Vegetarian Diet
MENUE FOR DINNER