May 26, 1999
i have been hiv + for 9 yrs. my counts are 400cd4 and undetc for the past year. i get plenty of exercise but my tryglycerides keep rising! what can i do to lower tryglycerides but still maintain a healthy diet. i have been eating a lot of beans for protien lately. also, does tofu help with this? thank you, patty
Response from Dr. Fisher
Are the triglycerides related to antiretrovirals?? If so you could talk to your MD about possibly changing the treatment regimen. But we really don't know what to do about TG's even when very high (over 1000). Some medications like lopid or lipitor might help. The exercise and diet are the most important things. Alvan Fisher, M.D.
very high triglycerides!
Wasting and diabetes
- Itchy Skin After Eating Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.