Would I not be in the special cases of AIDS?

Dear doctor,

I am in desperate because I heard the special cases of AIDS. I am just single normal Korean woman. A Korean doctor said he had seen the African AIDS positive case at 2 years in an AIDS magazine. So, he said the special cases of AIDS will not test positive at 6 months after an exposure. I am afraid if I will not be tested at 6 months because I dont know who are the special cases.

Q : What is the problem that the special cases of AIDS will not produce the AIDS antibodies at 6 months? Would I not be in the special cases of AIDS?

I am worrying about if I will be in the special cases of AIDS since I heard it.

Please answer this. Thanks & regards Christine

Response from Dr. Dieterich

This is a very unlikely event and if you are worried you can always get an HIV PCR test. Meantime you should practice safe sex as always! DTD

DNA PCR
OK NOW WHAT