DNA PCR

Dr. Dieterich,

In reviewing previous posts of yours, it seems as if you are a proponent of PCR testing. Along those lines, do you consider qualitative DNA PCR testing to be a conclusive test to detecting HIV infection? If you were to test negative with this test 2 months after possible exposure does it indicate absence of HIV infection?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Yes, that would be a reasonable conclusion. However. I would not say that any one test would be 100% accurate, so would always repeat it or the antibody test at some point in the future. Good luck! DTD

Steroids
Would I not be in the special cases of AIDS?