What's a "snack" with Viracept?

I recently began taking Viracept (a.k.a. nelfinavir). As you know, I am to take it with food, such as a snack or light meal. Two questions: 1) Does it hurt to take it with a full meal, such as breakfast? and 2) Can you define how much food is in a snack for the pruposes of taking Viracept? Will a banana, or perhaps a half-a-bagel suffice for my afternoon dose?

Response from Dr. Cohen

It's Crixivan that you take on an empty stomach or with a "snack" or a "light meal" (non-fat), not Viracept. With Viracept you're supposed to take it "with food." That means that it's perfectly fine to take it with a full meal -- how light a snack can be isn't really specified.

Nelfinavir Cross Resistance.
Twice-a-day dosing of Viracept