seeking an experienced hiv physican in sf

hi,

i have recently moved and i am trying to get info for my cousin who is positive in san francisco.

he is not feeling well and has had trouble getting insurance because he is not working yet.

he had adap in new york and they were very helpful but here in sf they are not helpful at all and told him he could only have it temporarily and could not see a physician unless at a clinic and he had any doctor he wanted in ny and they were very kind to him.

here they keep giving him the run around and i am very frustrated myself because he is not well and does not know where to resource.

any help you can give me on finding a physician, medical assistance, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

i have exhausted alot of avenues and do not know where to turn next.

if you can give me websites, physician referrals in the area, etc. i would be thankful.

dennis

Response from Dr. Fisher

Have you tried the various ASO's in SF such as the SF AIDS Organization for help?

You could call SF Gen'l Hosp for an appointment in their HIV/AIDS clinic or a referral.

Alvan Fisher, M.D.

Weight Training
Hodkins Lymphoma and exhausting routines.