discoid lupus -- low testosterone?

I was on testosterone for eight months then stopped -- 2 months later I was diagnosed with discoid lupus. The lupus has been effecting my face and in doing research I see that some times lupus can be treated with androgens. Do you think the sudden diagnosis with lupus could be testosterone related? I'm getting desperate because the lupus is scaring up my face. Treatments such as Hydroxychoroquine carry significant risks and my doc's aren't sure how the drug with interact with my HIV meds.Any suggestions?

Response from Dr. Fisher

Don't know the connection, is any, with testosterone. Coincidences do happen in medicine all the time though. A knowledgeable pharmacist should be able to help about the potential for interactions.

Alvan Fisher, M.D.

supplemental information for my question
Is my testosterone too low?