|Celexa & drugs and alcohol
Feb 14, 2000
i had an tylenol overdose a month ago and now i am taking the anti-depressant Celexa, and i was wondering what would happen if I drank alcohol or used marijuana. PLease answer my question, i would really like to know.
Response from Dr. Fisher
Alcohol usually is not a good idea when taking antidepressants as alcohol is a depressant itself.
No data on MJ, but probably safe.
Alvan Fisher, M.D.
Help! This is a serious issue here!
- What Is The Best Over The Counter Medicine For Chlamydia?
- What Is A Natural Remedy For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Does It Mean If I Test Positive For Herpes Antibodies?
- What Causes Recurring Yeast Infections And Bacteria Vaginosis?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.