Nutritient malabsorbtion, altered metabolism, and inadequate food intake with Aid's patients

My name is Ahna and I'm a Nursing student @ CFCC, in FL. I'm doing research for my nutrition lab class with regards to the possible causes and plan of care of AIDS patients and their inadequate food intake, nutrient malabsorption, and altered metabolism. Any information you can find to answer these questions will be helpful and appreciated. Sincerely Ahna Kilgore, SN

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

Hi Ahna! There is so much information out there on diet, malabsorption, and metabolic alterations in HIV disease, it is difficult to know where to start. I would recommend looking on Medline for review articles in the last two years that discuss the nutrition, wasting, and metabolic alterations that are documented in HIV disease. There are also excellent reviews that are provided as "CME" or continuing medical education at several online sites. Try using a search engine (yahoo, google, lycos, etc) to look for CME and other key words: wasting + HIV, altered metabolism + HIV, and others. The problem will be choosing among the hundreds of citations for what you want to use in your work. In the arena of metabolic alterations, you are likely to find more questions than answers. It is bound to be thought-provoking! Good luck!

Working out and Fatigue
Lipo and thanks to you for your research