riboflavin, carnitine etc. what's the dosage, docs??

thanks for your good work, I've got a question on the

dosage of the riboflavin...carnitine...coQ...and thiamine

you mentioned to possibly help with facial wasting. I'm

currently on zerit and epivir; completely healthy, muscular and with great numbers, so my doctor is reluctant to change meds. I'm desperate though and have tried megace (nothing but my sex drive changed), and injections of "dermalogin"...expensive and results lasted about 2 weeks. people have begun to wonder what's going on.

additionally, do you think i could change meds without much concern?

your answer will be greatly appreciated.

Response from Dr. Fisher

you could talk to your MD about changing antiretroviral. It is possible that coming off d4t and adding a different nucleoside (I don't know what you have been on before) as well as either a nonnucleoside or a PI might help with the facial wasting. This type of change should not adversely affect control of HIV.

Alvan Fisher, M.D.

weight loss
Diarrhea/Wasting