Fat replacement surgery for my face

I have facial wasting. I would like to know if you know of people who have had fat taken from one part of their body to fill in their face? If so, how common is it, how much is it, is it safe, does it look normal? The problem is also that I don't have much fat on my body to take it from. Any help on this subject would be appreciated.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There is very little formally published on this, unfortunately. I know of many people who have tried a procedure like what you describe, however. The anecdotal experience is mixed. Most people seem to have the transplanted fat dissipate over time. This is a great disappointment. Some others have reported good results, however.

The particulars depend upon where you live, what your insurance is, etc. You will have to call around, or ask your doctor, to get a price and to learn whether there is anyone with a real experience doing this in your area.If the fat transplantation takes, it should look fine. There should always be some fat to take (especially in the belly region, in most people).

The main problem is that it's impossible for me to know if this really works, of if it is reversed by the body relatively quickly!

Some help with facial wasting
Is it worth changing?