DHEA Levels

My DHEA-S test results came back at 2688 mcg/ML. The lab shows that "normal" range is 1990 to 3340. I'm trying to relate this to Page 171 of Dr. Kaiser's book which says that the "optimal" range is between 300-600 ug/dl. He also states that sometimes the decimal point needs to be moved two places to the right (when reported as ug/ml). This still would not work for me. 1. Could you please convert my number to the ug/dl used by Dr. Kaiser so that I can see if I am in his recommended range? 2. Do you have an opinion of what the right range should be for a 40yo HIV+ male? 3. If someone is low, would you supplement? Thanks.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear DHEA, mcg is micrograms and so is ug. 2688 mcg/ml is the same as 268 micrograms/dl(deciliter 10mls). So your level is just slightly low. What about testosterone level? That is the ultimate end organ test. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

leg cramps and hypoglycemia
HIV and metabolife