Any Advice

There has been some discussion about drug interactions with certain supplements. While I understand that there are many supplements (unregulated) on the market, is there a website or a reference that deals specifically with HIV? The information available is very confusing and contradictory......

Thanks for your wonderful service........

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Advice,

I wish there was. There are good drug interactions websites, including the Hopkins one. However as you point out there is no real data on supplements and herbal medicines, many of which can indeed cause problems. All I can say is that you should be careful, keep track of what you are taking and if something untoward should happen, keep your MD apprised of what you are taking. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Newly diagnosed and gaining weight
Facial wasting