|Low Carb Diet and lipodystrophy
Jun 11, 2000
Would a low-carbohydrate diet, such as in the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet, or even Atkins, help with insulin resistance, and maybe, help with lipodystrophy? What about the use of chromium picolinate, also?
Response from Dr. Fisher
Atkins diet might help with LD, but I am not aware of any evidence to support this. The diet will probably help with insulin resistance. Make sure you exercise regularly. Chromium is an antioxidant which is generally recommended in people with HIV whether or not LD is present...other antioxidants include riboflavin, carnitine, vitamin C and are also generally recommended.
Alvan Fisher, M.D.
Not seeing any benefit from testosterone
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.