Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Raising Glutathione levels: NAC better than Immunocal?
Jun 15, 2000

Dear Honorable Medical Doctors:

Thank you for your merciful efforts to help us! Could you tell me the most effective way to raise glutathione levels. My doctor told me that taking NAC (and even glutathione orally in pill form) itself is most effective; but then I read in a book recently released ("Built to Survive") that Immunocal, a patented product, was even better. I am NOT worried about monetary cost of the products (at least for now!!). Please accept my gratitude for your time in answering this question. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Raising glutathione levels is a good thing, no matter how you do it. There are several theories about how to do this and all are slightly different. Some believe that NAC will do it, it certainly has the right chemical structure. Others think that only bioavailable glutathione is the way to go. I am not aware of the commercial literature that you mentioned, but I would be wary of to commercial a pitch. However you elevate your glutathione levels, it is a good thing to do! Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Previous
Herbal Supplements
Next
Not seeing any benefit from testosterone

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.