Raising Glutathione levels: NAC better than Immunocal?

Dear Honorable Medical Doctors:

Thank you for your merciful efforts to help us! Could you tell me the most effective way to raise glutathione levels. My doctor told me that taking NAC (and even glutathione orally in pill form) itself is most effective; but then I read in a book recently released ("Built to Survive") that Immunocal, a patented product, was even better. I am NOT worried about monetary cost of the products (at least for now!!). Please accept my gratitude for your time in answering this question. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Raising glutathione levels is a good thing, no matter how you do it. There are several theories about how to do this and all are slightly different. Some believe that NAC will do it, it certainly has the right chemical structure. Others think that only bioavailable glutathione is the way to go. I am not aware of the commercial literature that you mentioned, but I would be wary of to commercial a pitch. However you elevate your glutathione levels, it is a good thing to do! Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Herbal Supplements
Not seeing any benefit from testosterone