Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I hate water
Jul 3, 2000

I am well aware that I have to drink water, and preferably lots of it, even though I fall into the treatment naive category at this point so I am not trying to flush out kidney sludge. The problem is I hate water so I have taken to drinking weak tea, so weak it is the color of apple juice. I drink about eight cups per day, is this enough? Is this ok for me?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

In general, caffeinated beverages like coffee, cola and tea, often have more diuetic effect than not. However, if the tea is weak, you should be OK. The guidelines for being well hydrated are loose, but generally you should be urinating every 2 hours or so, and if you are then you are well hydrated. Keep drinking! Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Previous
I need some help here
Next
facial wasting and plastic surgery

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.