medicaid/ADAP supplement coverage

I'm moving from New York to California soon, and have been told that Medi-Cal and Cal. ADAP do not cover things like Juven and Ensure (as New York does). Does California specifically exclude ALL these types of "supplements" (even tho in the case of Juven, controlled studies have been done, etc.). I'm concerned because I really believe i've benefitted from using Juven in particular.

Rick/NYC

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

If you believe you have benefited from Juven, you can ask the manufacturers and sales people from Juven to investigate it for you. Each Medicaid and ADAP has its own requirements and the manufacturers can often help to find some support for the use of their supplements. We are hoping that there will be some study on the potential benefit of nutrient modulation on outcomes in patients with HIV disease in different clinical circumstances that remains lacking in the literature to date to provide some ammunition for the importance of nutritional intervention through food, supplementation, and exercise.

antioxidents and viral load
Lactose Intolerance