Any medicine for lower triglycerides?

Dear Dr., Is there any medicine for reducing triglycerides which can be bought in normal drug-store? since I'm infected two years agao, my triglycerides increase greatly, I realy duffer from it. Pls give a advice! Thanks!

Mike

Response from Dr. Fisher

There are two classes of prescription meds that might help. The fibrates such as gemfibrozil (lopid) or fenofibrate (tricor) are indicated to control elevated TG. Of the statins, the drugs primarily used for cholesterol, atorvastatin (lipitor) seems to be moderately successful in lowering TG. The fibrates might cause lactic acidosis, but that is a rare complication. The statins might cause liver problems, but again that is a rare complication. I do not know anything that is available without a prescription that will lower TG. Except for exercise and low-fat eating. These do not require a prescription! AF

fiber
One answer for facial wasting