Re: Facial Wasting question form Jan 2/01 - AF

An article on pg. 52 of Jan/01 issue in POZ deals with facial wasting. Polylactic acid, a substance that promotes new formation of collagen, a skin protein was injected into 26 male HIV patients every two weeks(two injections in each cheek, a total of 3cc). The results were very good. 22 of the 26 men said that their faces were once again their faces and physical exams and ultrasound showed dramatic increases in skin layer thickness after 3 to 6 months of treatments.

Response from Dr. Fisher

I too read that article in Poz. However I have not heard from any of my colleagues of any patient who tried this. I do not think this material is available in the US yet. It was developed in France and may be available here at some time. I eagerly await additional info. AF

exercise induced diarrhea
Sunken cheeks, Leg & Buttocks Wasting