Testosterone - Where is it going?

Howdy Docs! I have been HIV+ for almost 5 years. Recently, due to increasing viral load and decreasing T-cells, we began ARV treatment along with Testosterone injections (200mg every 14 days). The testosterone was added because over the years my weight had dropped from 165 lbs (5'10") to 140 lbs. Over time the weight is coming back, but Total Testosterone levels are still at 264 with the injections....not much different than where we began. Any thoughts on why the Test level hasn't come up higher? Just curious. For now my health is vastly improved, so I'm not too anxious to "rock the boat" but it does seem strange the level isn't higher. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Mark

Response from Dr. Moyle

Dear Mark the normal range for testosterone is 240ng/dl to 1100ng/dl. If you began with normal levels, the exogenous (administered) testosterone is probably just suppressing you natural production....youv'e simply replaced natural with synthetic testosterone. Stop the testosterone administration, wait 6 weks and I suspect you will find normal testosterone levels again regards Graeme Moyle

New filler info from Bangkok?
FDA Approval for Sculptra